Picayune vs West Point

Hightide

This will be a good game in my opinion. I see this one coming down to the wire, 2 really good run teams that can control the clock. Athletes all over the field and great coaching staffs. This game has the potential to be the best one this weekend. Good luck to both teams, but pulling for West Point to get number 11 or 12 state titles..

I’ve watched Picayune the last three weeks. Thery were out sized in all them. The one thing they have do have is grit. They  never quit coming. Against Laure they were down 28-17 late in the third quarter and they came back on sheer Will power at the line of scrimmage and Laurel has a dam good team. I haven’t seen West Point play but I suspect by their history it  will be no country for old men at the line of scrimmage .. I wish I could make it to watch it.

There is word going around that West Point coach has his years in and is going to hang it up after the season. What’s the word up there ?

1 hour ago, slicklizard said:

I’ve watched Picayune the last three weeks. Thery were out sized in all them. The one thing they have do have is grit. They  never quit coming. Against Laure they were down 28-17 late in the third quarter and they came back on sheer Will power at the line of scrimmage and Laurel has a dam good team. I haven’t seen West Point play but I suspect by their history it  will be no country for old men at the line of scrimmage .. I wish I could make it to watch it.

There is word going around that West Point coach has his years in and is going to hang it up after the season. What’s the word up there ?

The word is CHAMPIONSHIP #12 BIG GREEN SMASH...

Edited by WP101

I never thought Picayune would be there this year. I don't know anyone who honestly did. This was supposed to be a down year and we weren't going to be this good. I guess no one told these kids this. Whatever happens tomorrow night they should be proud of what they and our coaching staff has accomplished.  I know what to expect from West Point and I'm sure that's what we will get. Two things the Yune must do. Don't give up the big play and don't turn the ball over. If we do this we'll see who's the best team.  

3 hours ago, PMT95 said:

I never thought Picayune would be there this year. I don't know anyone who honestly did. This was supposed to be a down year and we weren't going to be this good. I guess no one told these kids this. Whatever happens tomorrow night they should be proud of what they and our coaching staff has accomplished.  I know what to expect from West Point and I'm sure that's what we will get. Two things the Yune must do. Don't give up the big play and don't turn the ball over. If we do this we'll see who's the best team.  

you can thank west jones and Hattiesburg for losing multiple senior starters for the year even before the season started. 

As we know both teams are run heavy and this will be a heavyweight fight. As usual Picayune has that one back that carries the load in Dowdell and he is a workhorse.  Davis is very good too but the offense is designed around Dowdell. 

West Point is bringing in their 3 headed monsters with Sr. Cam Young 165 carries 1344 yards 18 tds, Jr.. Keshawn Henley 94 carries 1042 yards 16 tds, & Soph. Kahnen Daniels 88 carries 988 yards 8 tds. This game comes down to the battle in the trenches. Not taking anything away from Picayune but I believe that Neshoba has the best front 7 I've seen in a long time. I look for WP to do what WP does and that's pull away in the 2nd half. 

Now as far as Chambless goes. It was rumored that 2018 was going to be his final season when his son graduated. I even heard that he told the team that he was retiring after the game but he's still here.  We won't kno until it happens. If he does indeed retire I hope that he goes out with a bang winning his 8th state championship at WP. 7th as HC..

On 12/3/2021 at 7:15 PM, Merlin said:

you can thank west jones and Hattiesburg for losing multiple senior starters for the year even before the season started. 

No disrespect to Hattiesburg  and west Jones but picayune is in this spot almost every year so Hattiesburg and west Jones may use injury players as an excuse they most likely would have lost anyway to the Maroon Tide