Laurel @ Picayune South State

Hightide

6 hours ago, CrimsonUnit1988 said:

The last 4 opponents for Picayune were Long Beach, Gautier, Hattiesburg, and Brookhaven. Long Beach is bad.

GC was best offense Picayune played other than maybe a Gulfport and I’d say they’re better than Gulfport. 

why are you talking about long beach?

poplarville was a better offense. jdc was a better offense. they are still playing.

6 hours ago, CrimsonUnit1988 said:

I understand. The last 4 opponents for Picayune were Long Beach, Gautier, Hattiesburg, and Brookhaven. Long Beach is bad. Gautier is one dimensional, Hattiesburg had no QB (I wasn’t there but saw clips) and it looked like they ran a different offense than usual because of that? Brookhaven cannot throw. Their QB is an athlete but looks like he’s trying to throw a 10lb shot when he throws. GC was best offense Picayune played other than maybe a Gulfport and I’d say they’re better than Gulfport. GC QB went down on first drive and freshman QB came off the bench and led 5 TD drives. The defense is there to be exploited by someone who knows how. Laurel is very balanced they’re better at running the ball IMO but they can throw and they have some dudes to throw to. It will be close but unless Laurel craps the bed in this one I think they win.

You seen both teams play and you have a right to your opinion. My opinion is GCs defense isn't good at all. We put 59 points on yall the same as Laurel did. Another thing is how many times did yall turn the ball over to Laurel? I heard quite a few 

Have not seen Picayune this year, but I know what they bring to the table. Seen them vs. West Jones many times.

But I have to go with Laurel on this one. I think they can slow down the Tide's running attack enough and I also think

Picayune will have trouble stopping Laurel's running game.

Laurel 35 Picayune 27.

Side note: Laurel won SC in 2007 and 2014. So, how many years since the last one?  Uh oh 7 years.

I heard he was cleared to go back. I think this game will come down to picayune defense against Laurel offense. I think picayune will move the ball against Laurel based n what I saw when we played them. They really haven’t been challenged since. Picayune needs to get a couple of turnovers or stops on fourth down to steal possessions. I think this game is going to be very entertaining but the stress will be off the charts in the stands on both sides 

20 hours ago, Dubaction said:

Some yune fans were just on MST complaining about Coach Stog last season. That’s the funny part. 

What's even funnier, is he's a Long Beach guy and he's always singing Stogner's praises. But, OG folks know all too well about complaining about HC's. 

Edited by watchyalips

20 hours ago, Dubaction said:

Some yune fans were just on MST complaining about Coach Stog last season. That’s the funny part. 

if it wasn’t that same tide fan then whats so funny about it?

tide lost the last 3 games in a row last year. 1 and done. they had a right to be unhappy and i dont remember anyone calling for his head.