Rosedale Football (IRONEagle Athletics) Thread

IRONEagle

I introduced weeks ago plans to rebuild the foundation from the ground up of one of the most tradition rich small school football programs in the state. Rosedale hasn’t had youth flag or tackle football in possibly over 30 to 40 years in my estimation. Despite the neglect of a feeder program, Rosedale has won 2 Football State Titles in the last 20 years and 5 Football State Titles total since the 80s. Make no mistake though IE truly wants to see EVERY sport here be successful. Undeniably, Rosedale has a known reputation as a football town in the same way the Jackson area is king of basketball.
There should be structure and stability within the athletic program. The feeder programs are the most important part of building a successful football program as well as all other athletics. Kids here right now have an extremely high interest in football. This week alone, multiple student athletes (10-15) discuss football with me. Kids with potential that just need some support and quality exposure in mentoring & coaching.

A few new commitments from this week to our program is a 6’1 or 6’2 7th grader interested in playing QB. Heading into this summer,  I’ve spoken with football trainer Coach Tavares Johnson Jr. founder of the Smooth School training org and this 7th grader kid will get a chance to work with a former HS standout QB and college WR at Alcorn State.  
Other than Coach Henry Johnson a two time state championship coach there hasn’t been a presence in West Bolivar athletics respected more by the student athletes in the last 20 years than IE. This is a movement. The future is very bright. I’m committed to watching these student athletes excel on and off the field.