Welcome back to MissSportsTalk!

Blake

Hey, everyone! Here we go.... it's time to rock and roll with this. 

Years ago I visited a message board on a local newspaper's website. There were some good people there and good discussions. But the message board software was terrible and the server went down a lot. After a few months of frustration I decided to see how hard it would be to start a message board of my own. In May of 2002 I started NorthMissSports and saw it grow from the northeast part of the state to cover most of north Mississippi. 

The next year I opened it up to the whole state and changed the name to Mississippi Sports Talk. And it became a hopping place to be. Lots of friendships were made and some rivals traded a few jabs too. But it was a great community. Both Rivals.com and Scout.com took notice and courted the community. We eventually joined with Scout which later became 247sports. It was not a bad move for us, but I do think we missed a bit from the early days and what some of the functions of the board helped in building/maintaining community. 

Last week 247 told me they were pulling the plug on their high school sites. So instead of letting it all go away, I wanted to bring it back to grassroots level and build the community again. Lots has changed for so many of us: I've had kids, moved around the state, multiple jobs, and many ups and downs in my regular life. I'll admit I've let MST be on the back burner at times when life has gotten crazy. 

But I'm committed to seeing MST grow again. And that takes effort from me, of course, but also input from all of you on how to make MST a great place! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. You can always send me a PM. It's getting off the ground right now. But post new topics. Respond to people. Share a joke. And enjoy the community!

16 hours ago, rebmus said:

I don't have permission to view any other forum but this one, something that's still in the works I guess? 

There was a time yesterday when registration was open but I was needing to move a few things around still. You’re good to go now. 

Still some tweaking of things to be done though. 

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, it's good to have this site back similar to the original.

Not gonna lie, I detached from the 24/7 site because I hated the interface and they removed most of the high school sports forums. Probably been 8-10 years since I posted, but glad to be back now. Looking forward to conversating with some old names, as well as newer members!

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 12:47 PM, Blake said:

There was a time yesterday when registration was open but I was needing to move a few things around still. You’re good to go now. 

Still some tweaking of things to be done though. 

Blake i am very thankful you are continuing this site. You do a fantastic job! Thanks for all you do!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 12:36 AM, rockwebmaster said:

Just did an Internet search and discovered the reincarnation of the site. I hope some of the other “old timers” find it as well. Lots to catch up on, I’m sure.

rwm

What a blast from that past! Good to see you, RWM. Are you still out west?

• 1 year later...