Big Oak Grove at Ocean Springs matchup.

David

11 hours ago, David said:

All right now, y’all getting ahead of yourselves. My Greyhounds have scored at will  in every game, but if they can’t slow down O.G., it’s going to be hard to beat em by 17. Could depend on who scores first and is able to play with a lead, rushing the passer with less concern for the run. I’d take O.S. winning by a field goal. 

First one to 105 wins. Lol. OG left their defense in hburg. Ocean springs defense is still in dressing room 

7 minutes ago, Dubaction said:

They showed up just in time to hold OS scoreless in the second half. Championship pedigree baby. 

Agree 100%. OG D figured it out after the 1st 6 minutes of the first half. Gotta give them credit. The moment got too big for OS

Defense may not win all championships but they can dam sure lose one. Ocean Springs defense broke in the third quarter 

Ocean Springs had a great season. The longer a win streak goes on , the harder it is to keep it going. Especially when you take that into the playoffs

Edited by slicklizard

Great game by both teams. OG is very quick to the ball. Hubbard played his usual game the first half. Second half was OS worst half of ball all season. The elephant in the stadium tonight was the hot garbage refs. Several terrible calls, a couple that went against the hounds that could have totally changed this game, but it is what it is now. Good luck in south state. 

Edited by Knucklehead Mafia

11 minutes ago, Knucklehead Mafia said:

Great game by both teams. OG is very quick to the ball. Hubbard played his usual game the first half. Second half was OS worst half of ball all season. The elephant in the stadium tonight was the hot garbage refs. Several terrible calls, a couple that went against the hounds that could have totally changed this game, but it is what it is now. Good luck in south state. 

They were from Laurel

29 minutes ago, Knucklehead Mafia said:

OS should’ve took advantage of those 3 fumbles. Oh well. 

For that matter…… as good as Hubbard is with his legs.. he didn’t scare me much at all with his throwing ability. I guess that’s what happens when you actually face a secondary with a pulse. He’s a good athlete though. OS just didn’t have it in the trenches to hang with Oak Grove in the second half. On either side of the ball. 

38 minutes ago, Knucklehead Mafia said:

What calls are you referring too?

8 hours ago, Knucklehead Mafia said:

Besides Hubbard, what does OS return offensively next season? 

The bottom line is this: the Oak Grove athleticism overcame the lopsided turnover margin — only way that happens.

Those holding calls occurred because of the quickness of the Warrior defenders and the inability of the OS wideouts to square them up and block ‘em.

Hubbard is a more than adequate thrower but the pass rush and blanket coverage didn’t allow him to execute.

To the OS fans:  you gotta crawl before you can walk sometimes.  OG is the best program in 6A and have been playing at a high level for the better part of 20 years.  Your team went toe to toe with them for 4 quarters last night but the better team won because they had more playmakers.

Just an Ocean Springs fan coming in to wrap up the discussion. You’re all mostly right that this was a great game in which Oak Grove showed their experience and coaching, but overall, two evenly matched teams. Sure, losing hurts, as it should, but we’ll take the lesson and be back next time. All of the statements that we couldn’t play with the big boys were proven wrong, and I’m proud of the effort. Our coaches learned too. I wasn’t at the game, but on a flight, and haven’t seen the tape, but O.G. was just too physical, in spite of their reputation. 

The refs might have missed a call or two, or maybe been too aggressive, but that didn’t cost us a thing. Maybe the only thing I’ve got to get us3d to in these “big boy” football is the end of game disrespect with the dancing on the logo and throwing signs. I know they’re kids, so I’ll get over it. I’m kind of disappointed that my own coach didn’t show for the post game interview that he loves so much when he wins. 

in short, congratulations, and best of luck to the Warriors. See ya next year!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, David said:

Just an Ocean Springs fan coming in to wrap up the discussion. You’re all mostly right that this was a great game in which Oak Grove showed their experience and coaching, but overall, two evenly matched teams. Sure, losing hurts, as it should, but we’ll take the lesson and be back next time. All of the statements that we couldn’t play with the big boys were proven wrong, and I’m proud of the effort. Our coaches learned too. I wasn’t at the game, but on a flight, and haven’t seen the tape, but O.G. was just too physical, in spite of their reputation. 

The refs might have missed a call or two, or maybe been too aggressive, but that didn’t cost us a thing. Maybe the only thing I’ve got to get us3d to in these “big boy” football is the end of game disrespect with the dancing on the logo and throwing signs. I know they’re kids, so I’ll get over it. I’m kind of disappointed that my own coach didn’t show for the post game interview that he loves so much when he wins. 

in short, congratulations, and best of luck to the Warriors. See ya next year!

Interesting Pennock didn’t speak to the radio crew.  He was probably too busy beating up on himself after getting out-coached for most of the last three quarters.  Oak Grove adjusted and OS never countered. 

52 minutes ago, Archer said:

Interesting Pennock didn’t speak to the radio crew.  He was probably too busy beating up on himself after getting out-coached for most of the last three quarters.  Oak Grove adjusted and OS never countered. 

Your radio guy also cussed on the air in the 4th qtr. Lol

2 hours ago, Archer said:

Yeah, the OS 9th grade and middle school teams ran roughshod over the coast.  

They are trending upward and may have finally found the coach to maximize their advantages.

I’ve seen the results and some of the videos of the 8th and 9th grade games, and the talent is becoming a regular thing. The new thing that I have to get used is the 8th grade QB, who has been named in recruiting sites, posting highlights videos of himself. When I played 8th grade, I was lucky to get my girlfriend to watch me play. 

• Haha 1