What programs in Mississippi are the hardest to win at and why?

FootballJunkie1995

IMO. Winning begins and ends with the administration.  At any level.  If a program can’t win it falls solely on the administration.  It is incumbent upon them to hire the best coach available.  Give him complete authority over the program.  Let him hire his assistants that he wants and keep the activities of the staff beyond Football to a minimum. Give him what he asks for and get out of the way.   That is the pathway to a successful program.  

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, WABO1 said:

IMO. Winning begins and ends with the administration.  At any level.  If a program can’t win it falls solely on the administration.  It is incumbent upon them to hire the best coach available.  Give him complete authority over the program.  Let him hire his assistants that he wants and keep the activities of the staff beyond Football to a minimum. Give him what he asks for and get out of the way.   That is the pathway to a successful program.  

No further discussion necessary.  Well put.

18 hours ago, WABO1 said:

Is there anyway to emphasize a post automatically on this board everyday for the rest of your life.

16 hours ago, pancho said:

I can name a few who are held back by the superintendent who will not let a HC select but maybe 1 or 2 asst coaches.  They have sub par asst coaches who are excellent classroom guys so the football team suffers in that respect.

Care to share the school names?

35 minutes ago, lionpack said:

Keep your secrets then

Over the years I've heard of it happening in quite a few places, it shouldn't be surprising to anyone that follows Mississippi Football.  I won't name them either because I don't know if the administration is the same.

I do know here in Lowndes county we get limited on the number of assistant coaches we have.  The reasoning used to be that each of the schools in the county had to have the same - a 1A, 4A, and 5A school.  I think we've all got 1 head coach and 4 assistant coaches (this may have changed recently).

You'll see some coaching changes soon that'll be a direct reflection on the various schools inability or lack of desire to support their coaches.  I know of a couple off the top of my head that are within an hour drive of me that I've heard the coach will seek jobs elsewhere due to this

• Like 2

On 11/4/2021 at 3:59 PM, pancho said:

I can name a few who are held back by the superintendent who will not let a HC select but maybe 1 or 2 asst coaches.  They have sub par asst coaches who are excellent classroom guys so the football team suffers in that respect.

I know one in particular myself.