5: PCS

MAIS 5A

1: Leake Academy

2: Heritage 

3: Oak Forest

4: Simpson Academy

5: Brookhaven Academy

Edited by EnterpriseBulldogsFan

Ocean Springs continues to do what they have to do to get ready for the playoffs. Averaging 45 a game and improving their defense week by week. Now, it’s Gulfport and Harrison Central to finish, and then kick it into a higher gear against some good teams from region 3. Ain’t nobody bragging or looking ahead, but they’re playing the best football in the state right now. Plus there’s room for improvement with maybe the best junior QB (with the best inspirational story), and a coaching staff that’s ready for the pressure in the playoffs. We all know that there’s some barriers to break down before y’all believe. First #1 team that’s an underdog going into the postseason. Get your popcorn!

21 hours ago, David said:

Ocean Springs continues to do what they have to do to get ready for the playoffs. Averaging 45 a game and improving their defense week by week. Now, it’s Gulfport and Harrison Central to finish, and then kick it into a higher gear against some good teams from region 3. Ain’t nobody bragging or looking ahead, but they’re playing the best football in the state right now. Plus there’s room for improvement with maybe the best junior QB (with the best inspirational story), and a coaching staff that’s ready for the pressure in the playoffs. We all know that there’s some barriers to break down before y’all believe. First #1 team that’s an underdog going into the postseason. Get your popcorn!

There fairy tale season will come to an end unfortunately when they play some good teams. 

Edited by pee wee super star

9 hours ago, pee wee super star said:

There fairy tale season will come to an end unfortunately when they play some good teams. 

That’s quite possible as they will have to play better, if that’s possible. Or, their talent might actually match up with some of those “good teams”. The offense seems to be just as good as anybody I’ve seen on tape in Oak Grove or Brandon, and if they can play good enough to win a couple of playoff games early, who knows how things shake out with those better teams. I don’t know any more than you do, but I’ve watched them beat everybody they’ve lined up against, including a pretty good Clinton, one loss d’Iberville, and a talented George County. Nobody has slowed down the offense, so I guess we’ll have to wait to see just how good they are, if they can beat G’port and Hcentral to finish the season. Stay tuned!

I think Ocean Springs is definitely the team to beat in 6A. They have a potent offense and Coach P's storytelling ability is unmatched. I've heard that he bakes cookies for the team himself on Friday's and lets them listen to N.B.A. Youngboy at practice. The kids have really bought in. He's a real players coach. I doubt the Greyhounds will even be challenged until they get to Jackson.