Nicest Stadium in each class?

Blake

On 4/9/2021 at 9:06 PM, EnterpriseBulldogsFan said:

Enterprise Probably has the best Stadium  in 2A.

70784161_155159442552839_5188891019843731456_n.jpg

CVVXYRDWL5N6JBAJBGNTI7WPOE.jpg

I can't speak for all of the stadiums, but as far as field conditions, no natural grass field in any classification is as good as 2A Baldwyn. Every time I've been there it almost looks like a turf field. Stadium is pretty nice also. Ill try to find a pic or two off twitter and post if I can.

49 minutes ago, FBdude said:

Enterprise has a cool set up but nowhere near the nicest or biggest in 2A and now with them moving up to 3A they fall even lower. It is a neat and unique atmosphere.

Neshoba's new home side is nice. Newton Co has a very large capacity for a 4A but could be nicer. Phillies is unique, Union's is nice but small, Newton's was once nice and can still hold a good bit for 2A but has been run down over years. And then there is the Ray! So much history and is huge! West is ok at best. The rest of the Meridian area is pretty pathetic honestly...

West isn’t as bad as you make it sound. Clarkdales facility is clean and well maintained. I would argue the playing surface “grass” at Clarkdale is one of the best in the state.  

10 hours ago, lionpack said:

West isn’t as bad as you make it sound. Clarkdales facility is clean and well maintained. I would argue the playing surface “grass” at Clarkdale is one of the best in the state.  

I didn’t say West’s was bad but it’s average  imo for 4A.  Probably 3rd best in their division, field house is nice. Clarkdale just completely had their playing surface redone a few years ago.

11 hours ago, FBdude said:

I didn’t say West’s was bad but it’s average  imo for 4A.  Probably 3rd best in their division, field house is nice. Clarkdale just completely had their playing surface redone a few years ago.

yeah West's field house is a Taj Mahal. I believe  Lauderdale county is about to fork out a ton of money to catch Northeast and Southeast up. Field house/ playing surface upgrades.

The new Brandon stadium is far and away the nicest in 6A top to bottom when you consider everything. Huge bonus for no track and biggest video board in the state, along with excellent press box facilities. Northwest Rankin is nice because it has it's old press box facilities which means it has the biggest press box between both sides in the state. Madison needs an updated press box, that facility is really behind the times. Clinton is kind of the same. 

For smaller schools, Union has an excellent facility and an excellent field. Philadelphia is really cool with the old concrete bleachers.

As far as old school stadiums, one of the best atmosphere's I've been at was the old Starkville stadium before they built their new one. There was something about the massive oak trees, it made it feel like you were in a dome.

3 hours ago, lionpack said:

yeah West's field house is a Taj Mahal. I believe  Lauderdale county is about to fork out a ton of money to catch Northeast and Southeast up. Field house/ playing surface upgrades.

I hope Lauderdale Co. does do that but I will have to see it to believe it. We are talking 60 years of not caring about football. SE field looks like a cattle lot and NE looks like a front yard that hasn't been maintained.  I'm a grad of SE btw.

I love the new turf we have at Madison Central as well as the work they've done along the track. Amazing atmosphere when the tailgate section I open. I know a lot of schools have video boards but MC just does more with theirs. I wish there was a nicer press box. I think that thing is nearly 30 years old and not nearly as nice as some around. But overall its a great fan atmosphere. After going to most of 6A I'd say that Brandon and Petal stand out to me as the nicest right now. Brandon has a super nice video board and a spacious press box along with the new turf. That set up at Petal is really nice with them walking out under the band through a tunnel like opening and the panther statue. Huge press box. And you can film from the top of their field house instead of pole cameras. If i had to pick just 1 i'd say Petal. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 11:21 AM, Former Coach said:

I can't speak for all of the stadiums, but as far as field conditions, no natural grass field in any classification is as good as 2A Baldwyn. Every time I've been there it almost looks like a turf field. Stadium is pretty nice also. Ill try to find a pic or two off twitter and post if I can.

Enterprise has a nice stadium but 2A best stadium has to be St Patrick High School in Biloxi. Not very good at football but nice stadium and facilities. This is the visitor bleachers. Home stands are 20 to 20 and much higher. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 10.45.34 PM.png

Edited by BoKnows08