CFB Week 7 Thread

Tennessee is pathetic. Their team has been bad for years and now that their fan base has a glimmer of hope, they will do something like this. You would think it would be Ole Miss to do something like this, but it wasn't. This is unacceptable and Tennessee needs to be severely punished.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately you had the entirely wrong officiating crew at the center of it all. Marc Curles is the common denominator in far too many of these controversial games. His year should have been done after the debacle in Memphis, but he was allowed to continue on. His crew totally lost control of the game in Knoxville, and to me it kinda starts with them allowing both teams to get away with all the injury faking. That caused the frustration to build and it eventually boiled over. It should have been nipped in the bud far sooner.

Edited by Dawg83

The injury rule needs to change from one play to the remainder of the possession. 

That would curtail a lot of this fake injury crap. All teams do it but if you did that it would eliminate the fake ones. 

Curles is a terrible head referee. He needs to be completely released from his duties. I think a high school referee would be better than him. 

1 hour ago, Bulldogs4 said:

The injury rule needs to change from one play to the remainder of the possession. 

That would curtail a lot of this fake injury crap. All teams do it but if you did that it would eliminate the fake ones. 

Curles is a terrible head referee. He needs to be completely released from his duties. I think a high school referee would be better than him. 

I don’t really know how he survived the Florida-Arkansas debacle in 2009. But here we are 12 years later and his crew is still mismanaging games.

How often does a “crew” stay together for several years?  

The announcers mentioned maybe forcing someone to take a series off instead of just a play.  That can decide a ballgame though if your star player catches a cramp in September or partially rolls an ankle on a game winning possession.   

Something does need to be done though.   Those players look ridiculous laying on the ground holding their left knee, then getting up walking off with a limp on the other leg.  

2 hours ago, pancho said:

any  updates on both QB's being injured at MSU and Ole MIss? 

Day to day for both. Lol. 

Orgeron said it’s just a smoke screen, but what does he know?   He’s getting paid NOT to coach.  

Edited by MSTSatchmo

I think both QB's will not be 100% but will play. Oregeron is a smoke screen all by himself with all he has going on down there. They will keep him under wraps for 1 appearance a year for the following 4 years. Sounds like depositions and PI's work to me.