Battle of the undefeated in 6A n the Coast

David

Ocean Springs vs d’Iberville in a battle of undefeated teams. Greyhounds offense at 46 points a game against a Warriors D that traditionally is tough on passing offenses. Probably the best QB out of a bunch to choose from down south in Bray Hubbard. O.S. defense still untested but fast to the ball, and a d’Iberville running game that’s predictable but powerful. Winner of this one is probably the favorite to win district in the early polling. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Hightide said:

I'm gonna go with Ocean Springs. 

You’re a Picayune fan, so I assume that you saw d’Iberville beat your guys by running the ball every play and playing good defense. O.S. will have to load up the defense up front because they aren’t that big or physical. A couple of turnovers there could make the difference. On offense, the Greyhounds might have the most weapons I’ve seen this year. They rushed for over 300 yards last week, but only had 3 incomplete passes. They actually have a ball control offense using short passes and out patterns until the defense comes up, then their speed gets behind you. I’m a defense fan, so I believe that if the Warriors are as good as advertised, they could slow down that O.S. offense, but I’m not sure if the Hounds have punted more than 6 times all year. Game’s in  d’Iberville. That might be the difference. 

This game has been a good one over the last several years. Dville is at home with about a 17 regular season game current winning streak. Only loss for OS in regular season last year and a half was to the Warriors. Should be a good game and wouldn't be shocked either way. Strength of OS is offense, strength of Dville is defense! Home field may be the difference but I know OS will be loud and have the visitor's side at Buddy Singleton field at full capacity! I'll go with my Warriors in a close one! Go Warriors!

3 hours ago, Matt said:

This game has been a good one over the last several years. Dville is at home with about a 17 regular season game current winning streak. Only loss for OS in regular season last year and a half was to the Warriors. Should be a good game and wouldn't be shocked either way. Strength of OS is offense, strength of Dville is defense! Home field may be the difference but I know OS will be loud and have the visitor's side at Buddy Singleton field at full capacity! I'll go with my Warriors in a close one! Go Warriors!

Note to Harrison County schools: feel free to add an  thousand extra seats to the visitor’s side somehow so that we don’t have to arrive two hours early to get a seat or watch from the end zone. Way too small for a 6A program. 

Edited by David

1 hour ago, David said:

Note to Harrison County schools: feel free to add an  thousand extra seats to the visitor’s side somehow so that we don’t have to arrive two hours early to get a seat or watch from the end zone. Way too small for a 6A program. 

Nothing like a standing room only crowd or an overflow crowd at a high school football game. Its the only time i dont mind a traffic jam. lol

9 minutes ago, Vott said:

Nothing like a standing room only crowd or an overflow crowd at a high school football game. Its the only time i dont mind a traffic jam. lol

Oh, I love it too! Mostly just poking my d’Iberville buddies. The last decade has seen huge crowds, and with our new stadium providing the visitor’s side with great seats, I just wish it was easier over there. They have one of the best atmospheres for a game around. With a great traveling crowd, both teams will be playing in front of the biggest crowds of the year. 

14 hours ago, David said:

You’re a Picayune fan, so I assume that you saw d’Iberville beat your guys by running the ball every play and playing good defense. O.S. will have to load up the defense up front because they aren’t that big or physical. A couple of turnovers there could make the difference. On offense, the Greyhounds might have the most weapons I’ve seen this year. They rushed for over 300 yards last week, but only had 3 incomplete passes. They actually have a ball control offense using short passes and out patterns until the defense comes up, then their speed gets behind you. I’m a defense fan, so I believe that if the Warriors are as good as advertised, they could slow down that O.S. offense, but I’m not sure if the Hounds have punted more than 6 times all year. Game’s in  d’Iberville. That might be the difference. 

I would like to see Diberville win this game and good luck to yall but I don't think they will keep Ocean Springs out of the endzone Diberville has a real good defense but Ocean Springs offense seems to be a animal this year.

Hard to figure out the favorite in this one. All I know is that O.S. has improved a bunch since last year’s close game, so d’Iberville must be better too if they’re going to win. The Clinton game in Ocean Springs early this year was a good comparison to this one, and it went to overtime. But, they passed the ball a little more than the Warriors will, and are probably better overall. So the Greyhounds will have to do long drives with their ball control passing, then catch em sleeping with a long ball. Hubbard will be the best player on the field, and his running means that you can’t rush the passer without accounting for that. Some of you Warrior fans fill us in on their team.  

Ocean Springs offense is LEGIT. Probably the best I have seen on the coast in some time. They can do it all. For me it is a toss up. My nephew graduated from d'Iberville this past year, so I no longer have an allegiance to them so it is hard for me to make a definite pick. lol I will have something picked closer to Friday!

Ocean Springs used the whole field on offense when I seen them earlier in the year. That said Dolan has been around the block and he will take away what Ocean Springs likes to do on offense which is make everything go through the QB. If their coach doesn’t have some new wrinkles to score with D’Iberville will take the air out of the football, control the clock and win this game.

1 hour ago, David said:

Game day on the Coast! Beautiful weather and a packed house to see two really good teams! Best band in the state, fishing in the morning, good food, and friends to go to the game with. Don’t get no better anywhere in the state. 

Favorite time of year! Should be a great game! Too bad the OS band can't do their halftime show due to Homecoming! Warrior fans missing out on a great show! Wish d'ville would do Homecoming pregame but I guess agreeing on something would be rare these days!

Plenty of fireworks during the game though I'm sure! Good luck to both teams!

Edited by Matt

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Favorite time of year! Should be a great game! Too bad the OS band can't do their halftime show due to Homecoming! Warrior fans missing out on a great show! Wish d'ville would do Homecoming pregame but I guess agreeing on something would be rare these days!

Plenty of fireworks during the game though I'm sure! Good luck to both teams!

Wait, you’re telling me that d’Iberville picked O.S. for homecoming! What kind of disrespect is that? I bet that’s been posted in the dressing room this week. 

The Ocean Springs band is worth the price of admission, and keeping them off the field is a big disappointment. I don’t know how that huge band fits into that bandbox set of bleachers on the visitor’s side anyway, but if they are there, it adds to the big game atmosphere. O.S. did their homecoming festivities pregame last week, and let Hancock’s band perform during halftime. I wasn’t a band kid, but they’re as much a part of these games as anybody. 

Edited by David

57 minutes ago, David said:

Wait, you’re telling me that d’Iberville picked O.S. for homecoming! What kind of disrespect is that? I bet that’s been posted in the dressing room this week. 

The Ocean Springs band is worth the price of admission, and keeping them off the field is a big disappointment. I don’t know how that huge band fits into that bandbox set of bleachers on the visitor’s side anyway, but if they are there, it adds to the big game atmosphere. O.S. did their homecoming festivities pregame last week, and let Hancock’s band perform during halftime. I wasn’t a band kid, but they’re as much a part of these games as anybody. 

Word is they're packing up all 8 buses and coming anyway! Should be an electric atmosphere at Warrior stadium tonight!

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

Word is they're packing up all 8 buses and coming anyway! Should be an electric atmosphere at Warrior stadium tonight!

Best looking string of dancing team ladies a high school boy ever saw! I like new policy of putting your band in bleachers in the end zone so that your home crowd can hear the songs better, plus it gives you more seating for your big games. O.S. pretty much fills up the new home side stadium already, and a return match of these two in the playoffs would break attendance records. I can’t believe that I’m talking band trash talk on a football site.