Will Hall @ Southern Miss

Blake

I'm really anticipating Will Hall is going to have USM playing at a new level soon. It will be interesting to see how this first season goes with him. He's managed a program at schools a little lower than USM. But I think he's ready. And he's got connections and clout around the southeast after having coached in Alabama, Georgia, West Tennessee, and now Louisiana. And you KNOW he's got deep roots here in Mississippi. 

How soon for USM to have a winning season under Hall after going 3-7 last year?

What will recruiting look like under Hall and his staff?

He's in a conference where he can get the ship turned around quickly. Just look at what Kiffin did at FAU. Not saying Hall is a Kiffin level coach at this stage, just that a good coach can really make good things happen in that league.

If he sticks around for about 3-4 years I bet he wins a conference title at some point.

I think the floor for Hall is .500 his first year. CUSA is putrid. USM lost 3 conference games by a combined 7 points last year....while having 3 different head coaches and 3 different starting QBs. He has gotten the players to buy in, and convinced 3-4 that opted out last year (and were vital to our success) to come back. 

Recruiting wise, USM already has 6 commits. No other CUSA team currently has more than 2. He seems like a really good salesman, and I'm excited to see what he can do, particularly with in-state recruiting.

Will Hall has had a lot of success moving up in the coaching ranks, I would bet on him doing well at USM. 

IF Kiffin leaves in a couple of years and Hall is doing well at USM, I would also bet on Hall being on the short list for that opening.