College Baseball Season

Dawg83

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some are already questioning the decision to not go to Sims in a tie game in the 9th. I think I can make sense of it either way. Stinnett isn’t a scrub but he’s also not your best guy. Pretty clear State really didn’t want to use Sims unless they had a lead.

This staff pushed a lot of buttons with the bullpen that worked on Tuesday, and many of those same buttons didn’t/haven’t worked tonight. It just is what it is. Looking likely that State will have to play one more time and use Bednar. You wish you could’ve won Game 1 and saved him for the title series but you gotta get there first.

The Vandy/NC State thing is infuriating to me. I am gutted for NC State’s team. They can buy a ticket to watch the games unmasked but can’t play in the games. Beyond stupid. And of course Vandy is the one who benefits from this.

State and Texas get to burn through whatever pitching they have left tonight while Vandy gets to sit on their butts and rest and they did absolutely nothing to earn it. Congrats to whoever wins tonight, your reward is a fresh Jack Leiter on Monday.

Edited by Dawg83

I'm hearing that MSU has lost a vaccinated player to C-19 regulations vs Texas today and that there's outrage in Omaha regarding the legitimacy of the decision. Vaccines are said to be 100% effective against the Flue, AKA C-19. So the only logical conclusion which can be drawn is either that the decision is political or that the vaccines aren't 100% effective unless of course someone can clue me in. 

Edited by MSUBulldog2010

Obviously Vandy has a massive advantage of playing one less game and that Leiter can start Monday night.

However, for State we just need to forget all that and go out and win. It is what it is. 

As I said before like Al Davis said

”just win baby”  

I’m assuming MacLeod/Leiter is your Game 1 matchup. Who knows after that.

If Vandy loses the first game I could see them throwing Rocker in Game 2, if they win the first Game I bet they hold him for a potential Game 3.

Excited to get to go in person this time. The Dogs obviously have a big challenge here but I definitely would not rule this bunch out. The bullpen talent is enough to give them every chance to win two more games.

It’s amazing how State has pulled out wins this postseason.  Shows how much fight those guys have.  Talented, but won’t give up either.  

It’s a shame what NC State has to deal with, but it is what it is.   Vandy has an advantage, but Leiter has been beat and with Rocker starting, Vandy pulled one out late.  They can be beat.  They are also very good.  Lol 

Here's why I'm not hating on the MSU head coach like other fans. You can arguably win game one without your top arm. You have to win two games to win the series anyways. If Vandy pitches their top guy on day one then your top guy has a higher percentage shot at winning when you pitch him in game two b/c he won't be competing with the top arm for the opposing team. Then for Miss St., you still have your 2nd best arm in game 3 provided you win game 2 behind the strength of the #1 in your rotation, when Vandy has already potentially burnt their top two arms. Maybe that's why the MSU head man has been to Omaha three years straight.

It's a gamble b/c if you can beat their top arm on day one without burning yours then the advantage is seriously in your favor and even if you lose game one, it's not over.

14 minutes ago, MSUBulldog2010 said:

Here's why I'm not hating on the MSU head coach like other fans. You can arguably win game one without your top arm. You have to win two games to win the series anyways. If Vandy pitches their top guy on day one then your top guy has a higher percentage shot at winning when you pitch him in game two b/c he won't be competing with the top arm for the opposing team. Then for Miss St., you still have your 2nd best arm in game 3 provided you win game 2 behind the strength of the #1 in your rotation, when Vandy has already potentially burnt their top two arms. Maybe that's why the MSU head man has been to Omaha three years straight.

It's a gamble b/c if you can beat their top arm on day one without burning yours then the advantage is seriously in your favor and even if you lose game one, it's not over.

But Vandy has another #1 arm waiting to go. If it goes to game 3 I will take Rocker against anyone State throws out there.