Is "General Chat" open for politics?

I noticed no political forum, just making sure GC is open for politics before starting any topics there. I certainly understand if you don't want politics discussed at all on the new site. 

Sure. Let's aim to keep it civil, of course. 

But the politics forum was created last time once there was enough in Gen Chat that made it worth creating a seperate forum for it. But I don't believe we started out with one. 

5 hours ago, s1nglewing said:

most other sports forums disallow politics... just sayin'.

That's a fair point. MST has had a Politics section for a while and things didn't spill over into other sections, even in the disagreements. I'm willing to give it a try, but if things start to get personal and out of hand, we can nix those. 

20 minutes ago, Blake said:

That's a fair point. MST has had a Politics section for a while and things didn't spill over into other sections, even in the disagreements. I'm willing to give it a try, but if things start to get personal and out of hand, we can nix those. 

We lost some posters (banned) because their emotions got the better of them when discussing politics. Likewise, other similar sites do not allow discussion of the VIRUS because one thing leads invariably to another.... 

5 hours ago, s1nglewing said:

We lost some posters (banned) because their emotions got the better of them when discussing politics. Likewise, other similar sites do not allow discussion of the VIRUS because one thing leads invariably to another.... 

Very true on politics and also very true on the Virus leads to politics. 

While I enjoy a "healthy" political discussion, I certainly understand why similar sites don't allow politics at all... it rarely seems to stay healthy or civil. 

I'm good with whatever decision ends up being made, looks like Blake is good with it in GC for now... and see how it goes. 

I'm going to see how it goes also for a bit before starting any topics.