2021 NFL Season

MSUBulldog2010

It's preseason currently and as a Saints fan, I was pleased to see our starters outperform the Ravens starters on the road yesterday by holding the lead upon exit of the game. To go on the road in the 1st pre-season game of the year absent #9 under center, without Michael Thomas in the game, to turn the ball over 6 times and lose by only 3 points isn't necessarily the worst performance. Feel free to share your thoughts about all items NFL related. WWW.NFL.COM / WWW.ESPN.COM/NFL

p3ioaxjq23aptrphhsop.jpg

Edited by MSUBulldog2010

That's a great question MSUBulldog2010 and I'm pleased you asked. Allow me to respond by saying that yes I do believe that the Saint's anticipate Ian Book from ND who was selected in the 4th round of this years NFL draft to be the long term viable option as the starting QB for the Saints regardless of who wins the current battle for the starting QB of the franchise. In much of the same way that the Patriots have high hopes for Mac Jones, I feel Sean Peyton shares those same aspirations for Ian Book. Yes I agree with you also MSUBulldog2010 in your comparison and assessment of the similarities shared between both former Saints QB Drew Breese and Ian Book in that both hail from academically astute college football programs with Breese being drafted out of Purdue and Book being drafted out of ND.

Both QB's are roughly the same size, both have attractive scrambling abilities in the pocket allowing them to evade being sacked and both even share a birth mark on the face. It's my firm belief that Ian Book was drafted with thoughts of attempting to duplicate much of the same success experienced over the prior 20 years with regard to #9. It's also worthy of note that neither Drew Breese nor Ian Book were touted as the end all be all QB heading into their respective draft day with the same degree of fanfare as say for example enjoyed by the Eli Manning's of the world. Winston may start the season for the Saints allowing for a number of trickery plays to be installed using Hill in the offensive huddle at the same time and yet I don't anticipate Winston being with the franchise even 3 seasons from now. It's been great conversing with you MSUBulldog2010 and it's nice that we can always count on the "Other Sports Forum" to be hoping with so much activity. Until next time my friend. 

a8e732fd032dd304bdb91abc8be1cee037bafd8c_WTH4615_Cast_Away_Alt_2.jpg

Edited by MSUBulldog2010

• 4 months later...

Should be a good weekend of NFL wildcard playoffs. 

NFC looks like it will come down to Bucs and Packers. The Cowboys have the 3 seed, but I'm unsure if they even advance out of the first round at home. Beyond the top 2 seeds, it seems pretty open. 

AFC seems much more open. The Titans have the 1 seed, but the Chiefs are playing so well after the bad start. I wouldn't bet against any AFC going to the SB this year other than the Steelers- and don't count them out with it being Rapistburger's last year. 

I think the NFC it's between TB, Green Bay, and Cowboys... Rams kind of didnt impress especially closer to the end.

The AFC, I wouldn't count out the Bills, just cause of Josh Allen. That kid is going to be special. The Chiefs also; but they got pommelled with the double high and pass rush strategy. The Titans, are good, but not sold on Tannehil being anything other than a game manager for those excellent RBs they got. Steelers are terrible, and got lucky with that time out.

49ers @ Cowboys was certainly something to watch. 

Both teams seemed to be doing their best to mess up and lose, the Cowboys pulled off the loss at the end. 

Running Dak with 14 seconds left and no timeouts from midfield? Plenty of other dumb examples in this game, that one was the cherry on the top of dumb plays. 

Wildcard weekend went pretty much as expected, only the hosting Cowboys lost. 

Things should get more interesting this weekend. 

I'm interested to see how Burrow and the Bengals try to challenge the #1 seed Titans on the AFC side. Henry is back I hear, it SHOULD be a Titans win. 

Bills @ Chiefs, you have to think the Chiefs advance but both teams are playing so well right now. 

Packers should easily beat the 49ers, we'll see. 

Bucs have injuries on the OL and the Rams' DL is filthy, this could be the surprise upset. 

• 2 weeks later...