Amory's new hire.

Underdog

Dampeer seemed excited to get on with new season, but was anyone else surprised that he got a shot at Amory after a lackluster two years at St. Claire Co. Was there a story behind their struggles? He had helped the team to the state semis as an OC. Was there a bit talent drop off? With a career record of 17-35 it's an interesting hire. 

There were rumors that some prominent names that submitted their resumes. Amory moving back to 3A could be just what they need for better success. 4A football wasn't very kind to them. 

They went down to 3A about 2 years ago and they have done better in 3A vs 4A. Their division next 2 years isn't impressive football wise, with Noxubee county, they'll be playing for 2nd. I personally wasn't impressed with Glenn so I'm not sure why Petal was excited to hire him other than Bobby Hall said so. Jamie Mitchell son applied and is probably the better all around coach etc.  Sumners from saltillo also applied and would have been better than Dampeer(not my words-simply what i was told).  This all was a setup deal as Byers was at Pontotoc several years back when Charlie dampeer was HC there.  It is a bit odd for a HC with such a below avg record be praised and hired as if he had won a championship or something.  He says he knows how to develop a winning program although he has never actually done it.

I’ve watched Allen Glenn coach a ton of games, think he will be good at Petal.  Also hear he is hiring a big time DC.   IMO  Jamie’s son Dillon wasn’t even the best ast coach to apply.  He will probably make a good coach one day but kid needs a little more seasoning. 

Also have been told Bobby Hall want the only one helping Glenn get this job.  Heard Trent Hammond had a ton of influence, big time friends with Petal admin. 

9 hours ago, Underdog said:

When does Amory start spring practice? Does anyone know what type of offense Dampeer prefers to run? And what will he have coming back on offense and defense?

i know Amory lost a 4 year starter at QB and two WRs that signed to play college ball.  

On 3/31/2021 at 4:48 PM, Underdog said:

Dampeer seemed excited to get on with new season, but was anyone else surprised that he got a shot at Amory after a lackluster two years at St. Claire Co. Was there a story behind their struggles? He had helped the team to the state semis as an OC. Was there a bit talent drop off? With a career record of 17-35 it's an interesting hire. 

There were rumors that some prominent names that submitted their resumes. Amory moving back to 3A could be just what they need for better success. 4A football wasn't very kind to them. 

I’ve been told by a few in that area the fans and community are not very happy. 

• 3 weeks later...